This course aims to provide you with an overview of the main medico-legal
concepts and issues in the practice of modern healthcare in Malaysia. It
addresses the fundamental questions affecting health care and allied
• What is legally valid consent?
• What standards of care does the law expect of your profession?
• When is it lawful to withhold or withdraw medical treatment?
• When is it permissible to breach patient confidentiality?
- Introduction to Medical Law
- Introduction to the Medical Council’s Disciplinary Process & the
- Negligent Acts and Omissions in Clinical Practice in Malaysia
- Recent Developments in Healthcare and Medical Law in Malaysia
- Dr-Patient Communication: Obtaining Patient Consent In Malaysia
- Confidentiality In Clinical Practice: Legal Aspects In Malaysia
- Dr Patient Communication-Disclosure Standards In Malaysia
- Recent developments in the Medical Act 1971 & a cursory glance at the
Private Healthcare and Services Act 2006 (PHFSA)
Special Rates Apply for BAC Students & Alumni