The Fundamentals of Intellectual Property course aims to provide participants with practical, hands on guidance on Intellectual Property law and its application. This one weekend course will cover patents, trademarks, designs and copyrights. There will be sample flow charts to illustrate how these applications are made. Additionally, at the end of each module there will be discussion of relevant case law thus participants will be able to examine the application of these laws in greater detail.
• Patents Act 1983 (Act 291)
• Industrial Designs Act 1996 (Act 552)
• Copyright Act 1987 (Act 332)
• Trade Marks Act 1976 (Act 175)
• Geographical Indications Act 2000 (Act 602)
Special Rates Apply for BAC Students & Alumni