Every time you initiate a transaction for value it will likely involve a Commercial Contract of one type or other. This is due to the fact that Commercial Contracting covers a wide area of the law, from agency, distribution, licensing, franchising to tenancy, consumer law and beyond. It really is the very foundation upon which all industry specific contracting rests. This short yet comprehensive course equips you with the skill sets and the knowledge you need to negotiate the various aspects of commercial contracting.
You will learn how to interpret and draft the clauses of various commercial agreements and even preliminary agreements such as MOUs. You will better understand where and how risks are embedded within the contract and how to manage them within the contractual context, as well as legal/contractual remedies all the way to managing disputes.
Fundamentals of Commercial Contracts
- Modules 1 - Fundamentals of Contracting
- Modules 2 - Basic Commercial Agreements- Agency, Distributorship, Licensing & Franchising
- Modules 3 - Product Warranties & Guarantees- SOGA/CPA
- Modules 4 - Contractual Remedies
Drafting & Risk Management
- Modules 1 - Drafting Fundamentals
- Modules 2 - Risk Management
• Modules 3 - Dispute Management
- Ensure skills required from a commercial lawyer
- Understand commercial contracts
- Structure & formatting drafting tips & techniques
- Learn commercial contracts provide legal & commercial certainty
Special Rates Apply for BAC Students & Alumni